On Wednesday, June 24 at 11 AM EDT/10 AM CDT/9 AM MDT/8 AM PDT, Edwin G. Foulke, Jr., a partner in the Atlanta office of Fisher & Phillips LLP will conduct a live NATE webinar titled “Ready for the Onslaught – How to Handle OSHA Inspections Post-Pandemic”.
Since the start of the pandemic, OSHA has been severely restricted conducting worksite inspections. As federal and state OSHA resumes full operations they will be focused on conducting a significant number of inspections. As a result, OSHA will be more aggressive about inspections and enforcement. The number of Federal OSHA inspections resulting in penalties in excess of $100,000 most likely will dramatically increase.
This comprehensive presentation will offer attendees an in-depth, practical examination of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (the “Act”) and how it and the Secretary of Labor’s right to enforce the Act may potentially affect the inspected facility and the company’s business objectives. This webinar will take attendees through the inspection process, including pre-inspection, opening conference, walk-around inspection, document production, employee interviews, closing conference, informal conference, appeals and hearings before the OSH Review Commission.
· The new emphasis area for post-pandemic OSHA inspections;
· Strategies for handling different types of OSHA inspections in order to avoid large number of citations and penalties;
· How to formalize strategies for handling OSHA inspections company-wide;
· Having a plan in place to prepare for an OSHA inspection or properly respond to an informal complaint;
· Know your rights when OSHA arrives;
· Discern the best ways to define the scope of an OSHA inspection;
· Understanding the importance of narrowing the scope of inspections and avoiding possible whistleblower complaints;
· How to be on the lookout during an OSHA inspection for potential alleged violations OSHA may cite;
· Ensuring that your managers, supervisors and employees all are aware of their legal rights during OSHA interviews, and
· The legal options for dealing with citations received from OSHA.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Brought to you by GoToWebinar®