Join Us for a NATE Webinar with Fisher & Phillips
Categories: NATE News
Effectively Handling An OSHA Inspection Under An Enforcement-Driven OSHA
On Tuesday, May 2 at 11:00 a.m. EDT Edwin G. Foulke, Jr., former Secretary of Labor for OSHA, will be conducting a live NATE webinar entitled Effectively Handling An OSHA Inspection Under An Enforcement-Driven OSHA.
OSHA has become much more aggressive about inspections and rule enforcement especially involving recent recordkeeping rule revisions and OSHA emphasis on temporary employees. The number of Federal OSHA inspections resulting in penalties in excess of $100,000 has been dramatically increasing over the past several years. This number continues to grow since OSHA penalties increased 78% on August 1, 2016.
This free, one-hour webinar will include:
- This comprehensive presentation will offer attendees an in-depth, practical examination of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (the “Act”) and how it and the Secretary of Labor’s right to enforce the Act may potentially affect the inspected facility and the company’s business objectives.
- This presentation will take attendees through the inspection process, including pre-inspection, opening conference, walk-around inspection, document production, employee interviews, closing conference, informal conference, appeals and hearings before the OSH Review Commission.
- Attendees will be provided a step-by-step discussion of the legal and practical process implicated when OSHA arrives for an inspection, how to define the scope of the inspection, and how to effectively assert your legal rights when OSHA is being unreasonable.
- This presentation will provide attendees essential tips for what every manager should do while the inspection is being conducted and afterward to help achieve the best possible outcome.
- Finally, the presentation will examine how to assert your legal rights and know there limitation during an inspection and the relationship of OSHA inspections to other regulatory and business responsibilities.
Click here to Register Now!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.