How to Become a NATE Board Member
To qualify as a candidate for the NATE Board of Directors, an individual must be an active member in the Association and must be a managing owner of a Voting Member company or firm, defined as a person who can legally encumber that company or firm. Board members are elected to a two-year term prior to the NATE's annual conference held every February. All Voting Members must cast their vote online. Board of Directors service is strictly on a volunteer basis, with all incurred costs being each Board member's responsibility.
Board of Directors Election Procedures
- To qualify as a candidate for the NATE Board of Directors, an individual must be an active member in the Association and must be a managing owner of a Voting Member company or firm, defined as a person who can legally encumber that company or firm.
- Individuals apply for candidacy by submitting the application form below, a brief position/background statement (maximum of one page in length) and a color photograph to the NATE office. Applications are currently being accepted and must be received in the NATE office on or before October 3, 2016 to be considered for candidacy.
- NATE will publish all candidate information in the September/October 2016 and November/December 2016 issues of Tower Times. Candidates who wish to have their statement of candidacy published in the Tower Times magazine must have their information submitted to the NATE office no later than August 1, 2016 for the September/October issue and October 3, 2016 for the November/December issue. On August 1, 2016, candidate information will be available for online viewing at www.natehome.com.
- Candidate information will be updated as each Board of Directors Candidate Application is received and eligibility is verified up until October 3, 2016.
- The NATE Board of Directors election will be conducted exlusively online. Online voting will be open November 1 through December 1, 2016. Each Voting Member company will be allowed to submit one ballot. Further detailed information regarding the online voting system procedures and protocol will be mailed to Voting Members in October.
- Votes must be cast online on or before December 1, 2016.
- To be elected to the Board of Directors, a candidate must receive a majority of the votes cast.
- If all available Board positions are not filled on the first ballot, a runoff election will be held to fill the remaining seats on the basis of a plurality of the votes cast.
- Once all Board positions are filled, the candidates will be advised of the results of the election.
- Results of the election will be announced once all Board positions are filled, and will be published in Tower Times.
- Those elected to the Board of Directors will begin serving their two-year term at the annual meeting in February 2017.
- The newly elected Board will choose its Executive Officers at the annual meeting.